Friday 30 September 2016

PRESENTATION FEEEEEEEBACK

John - American Sniper+Islamophobia

  • Slightly nervous opening g- straight into text and some good knowledge shown here.
  • Presentation is a problem - no eye contact or interaction with audience at all (although not reading from notes)
  • Clearly very good research - knows text very well
  • Presentation is just images - this is a very effective for Ignite but as presentation continues there is less linking the image + the presentation.
  • Lack of rehearsal and planning 
  • Nothing on Islamophobia - no link to media issue or debate in this presentation... it's more just a description of the film.
  • Excellent first question raises issue of Islamophobia but lack of confidence answering it suggests this question hasn't really been considered as a part of research.
  • Warms up a little (clearly researched an interview with director) but not enough evidence that the bigger issues have been considered (despite very good questions).
  • Overall, real lack of clarity or thought - need to really link text to issue/debate for critical investigation.
Context - 2
Clarity - 1
Presentation - 1
4

WWW: I had clear and good knowledge of the text I was studying. (American Sniper)
EBI: I need to refine my answers on a subtle subject such as it is. As a result I'll also need to                         elaborate my points to justify objective statements.

My presentation contributes towards acknowledging the deeper meaning of Islamophobia, the factors associated with it, learning and looking at perspectives from a neutral lens. This will contribute towards my critical investigation because the topic raises lots and lots of strands of questions that I could look at, ultimately giving me more flexibility and a range of choices on the content I have chosen.


No comments:

Post a Comment